There has been a flurry of campaigning in the UK in the past two years, from shutting down BP and Shell petrol stations to putting pressure on Tar Sands investors. Whether you are up for writing to your pension fund or having a party in a petrol station forecourt, we would love you to get involved!
- Visit our resources page for comprehensive briefings about BP, RBS, CETA, Shell, Total, indigenous rights and global tar sands. Get your FACTS straight.
- Keep checking the Latest Updates page and sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date on our latest activities and campaigns.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter and Flickr, and keep an eye out for our online actions.
- Find out what our friends are up to: People & Planet, Rising Tide UK, Indigenous Environmental Network, Platform, Art Not Oil, Liberate Tate, the Co-operative bank, London Mining Network, Greenpeace, Friends of the Earth, WDM and Lush (and many more!) all have, or have had, tar sands-related campaigns and actions.
Get in touch:
- Email us if you or a group that you are involved in would like to work with us. We are open to fresh and fabulous ideas!
- Get a Goody Bag! We can send you hard copies of our briefings (if available) and wonderful stickers for you to give out!
Get stuck in:
- Organise a film screening! popupcinema.net has documentary H2Oil and a variety of other tar sands films.
- Stop banking with RBS, HSBC, Barclays, or Natwest, and switch to the Co op, Triodos, or your local credit union.
- Don’t invest in tar sands companies like BP, Shell, or banks that fund tar sands like those above,
- Organise local actions in your area against RBS branches, BP/Shell/Texaco/Esso petrol stations etc. If you need help, give us a shout!
- We are currently launching our ‘Tar-Free Towns‘ campaign. If your group is interested in becoming Tar-Free let us know.
Help us out:
- A little money goes a long way. If you can spare some cash for the cause, we’ll be ever so grateful. You could also consider setting up a standing order.
- If you have something you think we’d find useful, let us know – a tar sands banner you picked up somewhere, some cardboard caribou you once made for an action, chances are it would interest us.
- Would you like to volunteer or work with us? Based on your interests, skills, and experience, we’ll work with you to find the most effective way you can contribute. We’re based in Oxford, but help in other parts of the country would be as useful.
Thanks for working with us to shut down the world’s most destructive project!